Thursday, October 30, 2008

Switching things around again

This switch-a-roo began with the need for better lighting in my frontroom. My parents are over for a few days and I know they always come up with solutions for my problems. When I mentioned to my dad that the lighting my frontroom sucked, and could he please come up with a better design, it didn't take him long.

The above pictures show the corners of the family room. The table in the above picture and the floor lamp in the first picture came from the frontroom.

(Will I ever NOT have laundry baskets in my life? The answer is a resounding NO.)


Without going into a million details, the two corners shown here have been decluttered. The floor lamp was removed as was the bigger end table that is now downstairs. (See the soap opera on the tv? Trust me, I didn't have it on for long. I haven't been into watching it for years. I get back into the swing of the plot, and it's the same story, different characters. And there's always characters on that you're like "who is THAT teenager?" and then you find out it was a BABY last time you were into the show. Crazy. But I digress. . .)



Having the tables on either side of the sectional is what I needed, so I could have a lamp on either side. Side note: do not ever buy a sectional! What a pain in the ASS!! We tried to move the 'wedge' out of there, but the MONSTROSITY wouldn't fit down the stairs. So we shoved it as far back into the corner as we could, and moved the two end pieces as close as possible. You need a really big room for a piece of furniture like that. But I can't complain, becuase my in laws gave it to us. I didn't buy it. And, like I said, I never will buy anything that big.

Maybe if I used a flash you'd be able to see through the window and not a big white glare. I'll try later, in the evening maybe.

Ok, on to my day! Ta ta!

No comments:

Things that make me smile

Things that make me smile