Thursday, June 26, 2008

My work

I haven't taken the time yet to explain the work I do at home.

One of my best friends, Beth, works for a man that was looking for someone to put scrapbooks together for him and his wife. Beth told him she had a friend that scraps. (That's be me :) After showing the couple a few of my scrapbooks, they were excited to have me put their pictures in albums. I started with their trip to Italy. It turned out very nice, and "A" was glad to have me start on her son's album. That was nearly 3 years ago, and i've been scrapping her son and daughter's albums non stop. "A"'s sister, "K" has a daughter and asked if I'd be interested in doing her album, as well. I was thrilled and honored!

The ladies pay for all the supplies, and I charge $12 per page. I bring the finished albums to them, ask for feedback on the work, and take notes on what they want and like. I am very thankful and blessed to be able to make money doing what I love, and on top of all of that, I get to do it at home when it works into my schedule. As a matter of fact, I brought the newest pictures they gave me on this trip in case I had an afternoon to crop and layout some pictures.

"A" and "K" like their pages to be a bit more embellished and colorful than I typically do my pages, so my style as evolved for them. My albums tend to be a bit more simple with lots of journaling, and their pages are full of Jolee's, bling, buttons and sparkle. I'm adding more of these elements to my pages now and then, but I tend to not stray too much from my original style. Once I have a few of their pages completed, I'll post some of 'theirs' and 'mine'. (Post its over the pictures, to protect the innocent ;)

Stay cool, enjoy from fruit or an iced tea, and I'll be back friday afternoon :)

1 comment:

Controlling My Chaos said...

What a great job. That sounds awesome. Your pricing is simple and straight forward to. So many others I've seen that do this have complicated price scales and it's confusing.

Things that make me smile

Things that make me smile