Friday, June 6, 2008

All or nothing. . .

That thought goes along with my 'shrinking' mentality. I've always had this all or nothing attitude; i.e. 'If I don't work out 5 days a week, what's the point?' I know now that thinking is wrong, and the pengilum doesn't have to swing all the way to one side or the other--there IS a happy medium, and it CAN get me results. So although I only worked out TWICE this week (I'm embarassed to admit that), I have to remind myself that I'm building my endurance and muscles, and leaning into a healthier way of living. :-D


Ok! So this is a card I made for my brother! He excels at his job as a student advisor at a well known university, and this little stamping fella reminded me of my 'big shot' brother!

Stamps from stamping bella, ctmh
Inks, markers and cardstock ctmh
glitter is stickles platinum


I had to take this picture for my fellow Creative Memory girls! I love this everyday frame! It's hanging in my scrap area, by my shelves. I haven't changed it in a few months; I put this collage together in March when it was my son's birthday. I need to transfer this layout onto a scrapbook page for good!


The lighting looks bad on this card. Sorry! I need to play around with ways to take pics of my stuff so it looks the best it can. I made a few of these cards for some ladies I know that might like a little cheeriness in their snail mail!



Paper, ink, buttom and 'for you' sentiment from ctmh

ribbon and flower border from Stampin Up!

Ok, enough play time. I need to get to work! (I'll tell you about that in my next post.) I have to be out of town most of this weekend, so I can't promise I'll be back before monday. Have a great day, a relaxing weekend, and praise God for your everyday blessings!

I love this quote, and I don't know where it orignated; "The people on top of the mountian didn't fall there."

1 comment:

Pauline said...

Hello Jennifer, thank you so much for finding my blog and leaving your lovely comments. I enjoy your cards too and will be a regular visitor here too. Like you I am trying to lose weight. I'm only getting there with the Lord's help. He can help you too if you trust Him. God bless you and yours, Pauline :)

Things that make me smile

Things that make me smile