Monday, June 16, 2008

Back in the swing of things

I'm back! I feel like I"ve been gone a hundred years.

Here's a cute happy birthday card I made with some new hero arts acrylic stamps and ctmh paper, inks and markers. Oh, the sentiment is also ctmh.


WEIGHTY ISSUES
Ok. I've read all kinds of advice and whatnot about staying on plan and not being discouraged if you fall off plan. One great line I remember is "Lean into it". .. meaning the new plan. That's a good visual for me. I've been making some bad food choices. *sigh* I have a few excuses, but it comes down to stress eating, really. I hope that just by acknowledging it I'm able to start to switch out that habit for another.
I walked outside today for close to 20 minutes. It felt a lot longer than that, though! I drove the route with my car and it's a mile. I'm tempted to make it a longer route so I am walking for a longer period of time, but I think what I'll do instead is keep at that length and pace for this week. My heart rate was DEFINITLY up there. I'm thinking about doing that mile TWICE each day. Do you think that's too much too soon? I feel that 'all or nothing' feeling coming on. I'm thinking I should do it TWICE everyday. Once in the morning and once in the evening. Ok, I'll do it twice a day, but if I only do it three days this week we'll call it ok, yes? Please let me know what you think.
I'm going to make grilled chicken, a salad and au grautin potatoes (I'm not eating the potatoes. They're for my husband.). I am not going to eat anything after dinner. I won't die, and I won't be hungry becuase I plan on going to bed by 10:30, and we'll be eating at 7. (I hate to eat so late, but Ken won't be home until about 6:45 or 7.) I've been going to bed late for the past two weeks, and I need to STOP IT becuase then I'm SOOOO tired in the morning and lay around (and even fall back to sleep) until 11am! Thus, my body thinks it's morning when it's really afternoon, and I don't feel tired when it's 10pm and I should be going to bed. I'm sure walking everyday will help me to be tired in the evening.
Please give me feed back on my plan! Tell me what you think.

1 comment:

Pauline said...

Hi Jennifer, love your new card, thought it does make me think of food as I have not had breakfast yet. If you feel up to walking twice a day, do it. Maybe take your second walk after dinner. How about crafting when your stressed instead of eating? When I do that I find it impossible to be eating at the same time :o) God bless you.

Things that make me smile

Things that make me smile