Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Keep on keepin' on

I was watching Joyce Meyers this morning after the kids left for school, and I've gotta tell ya how much her sermon spoke to me. I take notes when I can, although most of the time I wish I knew short hand because I can't keep up! I try to get one thought down and she's already on the next sentence!

Look and see what God *IS* doing in your life, and don't be negative about what's NOT happening.

When you decide to do the right thing, God will meet up with you and help you to get it done.

Let me stop here for a second and interject; she went on about 'doing the right thing' as what God wants for you. In other words, pray about something before you decide which road to take, and God will tell you what is in His will for you. Yes, we all have free will (which means we can take God's advice or choose to do things our own way, in our own strength, and our own time) but God's will for us is ALWAYS in our best interest, and when we choose HIS way, it's done in HIS strength, and HIS time. Praise God.

The next thing she said is soooooo true for sooooo many of us! We'll be doing the right thing. We'll do it again and again and AGAIN. Then we start whining, don't we? We talk to God, ask for guidance, ask for a different way, ask what we should do. If we're doing what he wants us to do, He just may say "Do it again." There were examples in scripture of people that had to 'do it again'. And again. And again and again, and EVENTUALLY it worked---in God's timing. (Which, by the way, is always perfect.) She said, " 'Do it again. This might be the time that it breaks the devil's back.'" Amen!

So keep on keepin' on, but check with God first that you're on His path for you. Jeremiah 29:11 says, "For I know the plans I have for you', declares the Lord, 'Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans for hope and a future.'"

Peace is defined by Dr. Creflo Dollar as this: Security in the midst of turmoil. I also loved how Pastor Dollar said, "Go to God FIRST, not last! Don't go to Him only when all else has failed and you're desperate."

All of these things spoke to me today, and I just had to share them. I pray they open a door for you.

Read 1 Peter 5:7

God Bless xoxo (flower pictures tomorrow!;)

No comments:

Things that make me smile

Things that make me smile