Thursday, August 13, 2009

Card Swap

I love the stamp club I go to on the second friday of each month! This is the second card swap I've participated in (ever) and am nervous that my card won't be good enough.

So there were 10 of us signed up for this swap. I'll bring my nine cards to the club meet (the 10th one is for myself) and come home with 9 other cards. Just like a cookie exchange.

The theme was "Cards to Go"-- a complete card (as opposed to just the card front, which we usually do) along with a decorated envelope. I always decorate my envelope, but being that my artwork will be going home with someone else for them to give out, I'm afraid that it will be less than they'd like.

I know. I have approval issues.

Anyway-- I love fall, and school being just around the corner brings fall in the not so distant future. So I felt like doing a halloween card. Searching through my things I found that I have a very limited supply of Stampin Up halloween stamps. (One of the rules is to keep the cards as close to Stampin Up stuff as possible.) So the card turned out a bit differently than I was originally thinking. So here it is. . .


Eh. See, I'm not really happy with it.

So first I calculated how many squares I needed on each card and multiplied it by 10.
I layed it out in order of how I wanted it on the card.


I adhered the squares to card stock,

then rolled the card stock through my Big Shot on the Big Note Die.


I don't have a cute little sewing machine to add the stitching (which is soooo cute) so I used a stamp set that is not Stampin Up for the look.





That went onto the certainly celery green cardstock, and layed that onto black cardstock.




Below is a shot of the inside of the card (contraband image) the front of the envelope, and the back of the envelope. (I'm happy to say all of those images ARE stampin up.)






I would've liked to have had a cute saying to go into the oval, but the only thing that would fit was BOO! with a Stampin Up alpha set.



So here it is. I hope everyone that gets it likes it!!



I'll post up pics of the cards I receive tomorrow at club!!







1 comment:

April said...

Too too cute, Jen! I love it! Can't wait to get mine. I think you did fine and you fooled me with the "stitches", looked like a machine to me. See you tomorrow!

Things that make me smile

Things that make me smile